The Linux Systems Administration Certificate covers the basic Linux system administration. Students access real Redhat Linux Systems provided by OST on which they have root privileges. This series will enable students to garner the skills, experience and confidence needed to build, network, maintain, and automate complex Linux or UNIX based systems
- Navigate the Linux file system and assign permissions to files and directories.
- Demonstrate how to use find, grep, and regular expressions to search files and directories.
- Install SSH and use SCP.
- Create and manage system users.
- Configure an Ethernet device and DNS service from scratch.
- Configure email including mail transport agents, local delivery agents, and server side filtering.
- Install your own Apache web server and configure it so that it can run in conjunction with PHP and a relational database.
- Create scripts to perform basic system administration tasks to run commands, manipulate files, and rotate log files.