- The aim of the Mufti Engine Rating Course conducted by the AAC Flight Academy is to provide candidates seeking their initial multi Engine Rating, a sound theoretical knowledge of Multi Engine A/C operation, equip them with skills necessary for the safe and competent operation of Multi Engine A/C and to train them to the level of proficiency necessary (o obtain (lie Piper Seneca Il PA-34-200T Rating as the initial Multi Engine Rating (MER).
Ground Training Curricula of Multi Engine Rating Course
- The Ground Training for the Multi Engine Rating Course comprises a total of 07 hours of ground training on subjects associated with the operation of multi-engine A/C. It includes elements which are related to the type of A/C to be used on the course. The training should be integrated with the flight training so that the maximum benefit is gained from time spent ¡n the air.
- The outline Ground Training Curricula ¡s as follows:
- A/ C and Engine Systems
- Module VP Prowlers and Feathering
- Principle of Multi Engine Flight
- Minimum Control and Safety Speed
- Weight and Balance
- Effect of EF on Sys and Performance
- Weight and Performance
- The Ground Training shall be given by the flying instructor conducting the course. However, they may be given in the form of lectures by a suitably qualified ground instructor. The candidates are expected to have a minimum theory Knowledge equivalent to CPL ground examination standard