The BSc (Hons) Ethical Hacking and Network Security degree, awarded by Coventry University has been developed to produce graduates who have a good theoretical understanding of Network Security, Ethical hacking, digital forensics and the underlying computer science. In addition, through non-trivial technical projects, open-ended tasks and high expectations, we expect our graduates to be capable of the technical work expected of the industry.
Network Security is fast becoming the most pressing and least understood problem for many individuals, businesses and nations. The landscape itself is difficult to visualise, built on layer upon layer of evolving computing equipment, networks, protocols and software. The ways in which it can be exploited are innumerable, with new vulnerabilities discovered daily
Upon completion of this degree, you will receive a qualification awarded by Coventry University.
For entry into year 1: Diploma in Network Engineering
- Two Simple passes at G.C.E A/L (local or London) in any stream OR
- Five Credits in G.C.E O/L (local or London) including Credit passes for Mathematics and English or ICT and English OR
- Successfully completed a relevant Network Certificate at NIBM
For entry into year 2: Higher National Diploma in Network Engineering
- Successfully completed the Diploma in Network Engineering at NIBM OR
- Successfully completed a Diploma in Network Engineering (equivalent to NVQ 5) from a recognized institute OR
- Any recognized Professional/Academic Qualification
For entry into year 3: BSc (Hons) Ethical Hacking and Network Security
- Successfully completed the Diploma in Network Engineering at NIBM with Relevant Work Experience OR
- Successfully completed the Higher National Diploma in Network Engineering
Course structure and modules
Diploma in Network Engineering (DNE) –Year 1
- Introduction to Computer Science
- Mathematics for Computing
- Programming Fundamentals
- Electronics and Computer Organization
- Data communication and Computer Networks
- Database Management Systems
- Routing and Switching Essentials
- Scaling Networks
- Operating Systems
- System Essentials
- Web Application Development
- Connecting networks
- Network Engineering Project
- Business Communication Skills
Higher National Diploma in Network Engineering (HNDNE) – Year 2
- System Administration 1
- Network Programming Design
- Principles Of Information Security
- Virtualization And Storage
- Advanced Database Management Systems
- Embedded Application Development
- System Administration 2
- Network Security
- Physical Security
- Cloud Computing
- Internet of Things
- IT Management Practice
BSc (Hons) Ethical Hacking and Network Security – Year 3
(awarded by Coventry University)
- Digital Forensic Methods
- Networked Systems
- Security Audit and Testing
- Law and Legal Frameworks for Acquisition and Evidence
- Technology and its Social, Legal and Ethical Context
- Effective Communication Skills 2
BSc (Hons) Ethical Hacking and Network Security – Year 4
(awarded by Coventry University)
- Penetration Testing
- Cybersecurity 2
- Advanced Network Systems
- Individual Project
- Artificial Intelligence and Human Computer Interaction
- Data Recovery and Advanced Digital Forensic Analysis
We regularly review our course content, to make it relevant and current for the benefit of our students. For these reasons, course modules may be updated, please contact us for the latest information.
Benefits for Students
Studying Ethical Hacking and Cyber Security at Coventry University will provide you with the opportunity to learn to identify and analyse the threats posed to modern information structures and develop the knowledge and skills to be able to advise a company on how to set up secure systems.
Coventry University has over 10 years’ experience of teaching cyber security, producing graduates who have gone on to successful careers in the sector. Previous graduates have gone on to become security consultants, security engineers, penetration testers and other sector specific roles.
On completion students will be able to:
- Have a clearly targeted and developed set of skills in computer science with special emphasis on security.
- Identify and analyse the threats posed to modern information structures and will be able to apply defences against such threats.
- Devise methods of testing a system’s security and possess the skills needed to break into systems that have vulnerabilities.
- Advise a company on how to set up secure systems
Year 1 (Full time/Part time): LKR 200,000 LKR 2,000 (Registration fee)
Year 2 (Full time/Part time): LKR 200,000 LKR 2,000 (Registration fee)
Year 3: LKR 600,000 LKR 3,000 (Registration fee)
Year 4: LKR 600,000 LKR 3,000 (Registration fee)
All payments can be made in installments.
Student loan facilities are available from BOC, NSB And NDB banks. Send us an inquiry to ask about payment plans and loan facilities.